Monday, November 4, 2013

Praxis and Home

This past weekend was great!  For once this semester I actually felt married!  The only thing that I had to do this weekend was take the Praxis: Music Content & Instruction exam.  For those of you who don't know, the Praxis has multiple different sections and subject tests, and education majors across the nation are usually required to take and pass it to get fully licensed as a teacher.  I wasn't planning on taking it this semester, I had my mind set for taking it next semester; but something told me to check the ETS website about a month ago.  Upon checking it, I found out that the music subject test was not offered at Murray State next semester....so I decided to crack down on studying and take it on a whim.  After this past Saturday, I feel that I did pretty well!  I just have to wait four weeks to receive my scores, and hopefully they're passing.

Back to the feeling married part; because I only had to take the Praxis, I was able to have much needed time at home and with the hubby!  We were able to spend some quality time together and catch up on one of our favorite TV shows, Battlestar Galactica.  Only 39 days until it is officially Christmas Break, then I'll really feel married. :)  Being a full time college student, a Music Education major, and having to commute an hour every day really takes a toll on being married.  It has taken some time to adjust to this busy lifestyle, but thankfully next semester will be better on me and Michael.
This is one of the more recent photos of us, yet it was taken back in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment