Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thanksgiving & Family On My Mind

Good evening blogging world!  It's been a few days.  The semester is finally winding down!  There's only twenty more days until Thanksgiving break, and then I'll get to see some family, and have some much needed R&R.  Here is a good photo of the great family I married into. :)  Daniel is my younger brother-in-law, Darrel and Robin are my father and mother-in-laws, Sara is my sister-in-law, Kiefer is her husband, and Carrie is my younger sister-in-law.  Over the past few years I have had the privilege of getting to know each and every one of these amazing people, and I'm glad to be a part of their family.
(From left to right; Daniel, Darrel, Robin, me, Michael, Sara, Kiefer, and Carrie)
Every family is different, mine especially, because I grew up in a military home.  Growing up in a military home is great, but it makes it difficult to do "family" things such as eating at the dinner table every night and have family card/game nights on a weekly basis.  The Owen family is like the family I never had growing up.  I remember the first time I met Micheal's family and we had dinner at the kitchen table, and shortly after we finished eating we sat around and played card games until late night.  This was something that I could get use to, and fast.  This being said, I still love my own flesh and blood family with my whole being, we're just different than the normal family.
(Dad, Mom, Michael, Me, Brandon, and Grandpa)
My family is small and I really don't know my extended family well, but I wouldn't trade who my grandparents, parents, or brothers are in a heartbeat.  There will probably be more posts about my family to come, but the short version will be posted here.  My mom was in the Navy for twenty years, and she retired when I was a junior in high school.  I'm super bias for the Navy!  Having a mom who traveled the world protecting our country was one of the coolest things I would ever tell going through grade school.  Not only was she standing up for her family and nation, she was able to support her family and be an outstanding mom who would do anything for her kin.  My grandma and grandpa helped raise me and are like my second set of parents.  My step-dad and brothers became part of our family about ten years ago, and I'm so glad to call them mine!  Any who, I'll get off this rant and finish up.

Family is great and I'm glad to have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. Family is the best! I loved meeting your family at your wedding.

    ReplyDelete