Friday, November 1, 2013

What a Week

A glance at this past busy week:

  1. Monday and Tuesday night was PASIC rehearsal until 10pm each night.
  2. Wednesday night was dress rehearsal for the concert last night.
  3. I had to observe a choir class early yesterday morning, and the concert was last night.
TGIF!
Yesterday was one of those days....everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong.  The whole west side of Kentucky was slammed with rain and storms all day, setting the "spooky" mood of Halloween.  I spilled a glass of water in one of the lunch lines at the T-Room, squirted hot sauce everywhere at the condiments station, was rushed everywhere all afternoon, and to top it off I couldn't find my mallet bag during the concert...right before I had to go on stage to play...during the concert.  I have never been so scared and nervous in my entire musical career.  My heart was racing and it suddenly felt like I was going to get sick.  With the help of some friends, I grabbed a set of mallets that were laying around back stage, walked out to the marimba, and lo-behold...my mallet bag was sitting there on stage.  I had a rush of emotions flood over me, and all I could tell myself was "Count, when you count you focus."  That method worked in helping me focus and play that piece, but as soon as I walked off stage I fell apart.  I was able to pull myself together before I went back on stage, and finished the concert with a bang.  I'm so thankful I had my percussion family back stage to help support me!

Despite yesterday's pitfalls, this morning was greeted with a beautiful sunrise on the commute to Murray.  I'm usually a early bird and happy in the morning, but after yesterday's fiascos I had no idea how today would start.  But seeing God's creation at it's fullest surely started off the morning swell!  I'm always amazed at how gorgeous nature is right after a storm; it's kind of like life.  We go through multiple frustrating events throughout our lives, yet after those events we can rejoice in what we accomplished, and the fact that we made it through.  My spiritual tank has been sitting on empty lately, but through prayer, music on K-Love, and church services, I've been holding on.  I'm so thankful that we have a God who never leaves us, even when we stumble and fall.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I am able to watch the sun set from my room and I'm always reminded of God's grace and beauty as the sun goes down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a rough day, but that sunset sure is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete