Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Surprise Visit

Sunday night I received a phone call from one of my best friends, Ashley, asking if she could come visit for a few days.  I hadn't seen her in over a month so the answer was obviously yes!  Within a few hours she was at our apartment and the excitement and fun began.

Blue is mine, yellow is hers.
A brief history of our friendship.  I met Ashley back in high school in our Music Theory class.  She was the "new girl" in the class and no one was courageous enough to go up and introduce themselves, so Ms. Outgoing me skipped over to her and welcomed her to CHHS and the band room.  Our friendship quickly blossomed and grew as we continued to know each other more and more.  Come to find out we were both huge nerds and goofy as could be!  As the years passed by she went from being the friend I knew from music theory to the little sister I never had.

Early week fun.  Back to the main focus of this post... Sunday night was spent playing Mario Kart 8 (ridiculously fun on the WiiU), shopping at Walmart, and catching up on all of the mishaps that have occurred over the past month.  Monday was the only full day we had to spend together, so we spent it like most friends would...doing laundry all day, swimming, walking down the riverfront and having fun!  We read most of the historical signs, took a lot of selfies (I despise that word) photos to capture the memories, and continued to catch up on everything.
Unfortunately our time together was short and she had to go home for their family vacation.  I"m very blessed to have a friend like her in my life.  She has always been there for me, she's been my shoulder to cry on, a friend when times are good and when times get tough, and an overall great person to be around.  It may seem like ages pass between our visits with one another I know our friendship will always remain.

She just started a blog and I'm wanting to help her get some followers!
Her blog is Summer Come True.
She is taking a trip to Arizona in a few days so there will be some great stories posted on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment