Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Highlights

2013 has come and gone, and it was one of the most busiest years to date.  Looking back, I think I've grown as a person in many ways, and am looking forward to growing more this year.  Friendships have been made, musicianship has grown, and relationships with people have been strengthened.  There were many highs and lows throughout the year, but overall it was a huge growing experience for me!  I'll skip the lows and get straight to the great things that happened :).

Planned a wedding.  As stressful as it seems, it wasn't that stressful at all...not until the week before.  Shortly after Michael popped the question (7/3/12) we started planning.  We knew roughly when we wanted to have the wedding and began planning accordingly.  With the help of great friends and family, everything fell into place and the stress disappeared.

Moved to a new place.  This seemed stressful at first, but God blessed us with the perfect place that sits smack dab between the two towns we commute to on a daily basis.  With me finishing up my degree, we couldn't move too far away from campus.  And with Michael's job being an hour away from campus, that left very few places in which we could live that wouldn't be a terrible commute for either of us.  We now have an equal commute in opposite directions and it couldn't have worked out any better!

Married the man of my dreams.  The best highlight of 2013!  May 4th was one of the happiest days of my life to date!  (There will be a post about the wedding coming soon.)  God blessed me well when He put Michael in my life, and I'm glad I get to spend the rest of my days with him!

Taught band camp with a great band program.

Started my last year of college.  Commencement is right around the corner!  A year from now I will have my Bachelors degree in Music Education, and be on my way to becoming a full time educator.

Had a great practicum experience.

Started a blog.  This was something I never thought I would get around to doing.  After following my friend Bailey's blog  for a while I started to get the urge to create my own.  Right now I don't have a specific "goal" for this blog, other than to record events in my life and to reflect on them.  I'm hoping to keep this blog running for quite some time and hope it becomes more than what it is.

Went to PASIC.  This has been on my bucket list for a few years now, and I not only had the opportunity to go, but to also perform/compete with a group of amazing percussionist. (There will also be a post about this coming soon!) 

Celebrated the holidays as a married couple.  We've celebrated many holidays in the past, but this was by far the best year to celebrate them!  Both Michael and I agree that it had to have been one of the best Christmases we've had in a long time.  What a great way to send off a year than with family and friends!

With 2013 in the past, I'm looking forward to 2014 and all of the blessings and surprises that await!  May God bless you all and have a Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we've strengthened our friendship last year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete