Friday, January 17, 2014

When Schedules Fail

Happy Friday everyone!  This week was officially the last first week of college I spent on campus.  Being a new year and new goals, I attempted to make a rigorous schedule and follow it; but life decided to throw a few wrenches into the gears.  It wasn't a bad week at all, just one that had a few surprises.

With my senior recital just a few months away I decided to crack down on practicing more than usual.  This was successful on Monday, but then surprises started happening.  I found out my Practicum placement on Monday, but by Wednesday morning it had been changed.  The new placement was 30 minutes away from where we live, and another 30 minutes from campus (which is 30 minutes from home as well).  I liked the placement, but the commute wasn't ideal.

I just want to say that God is good!  I was worried about fuel expenses because of all of the extra driving I was going to have to do this semester...and fuel isn't cheap.  Yesterday morning I received yet another email with a new placement; this newest placement is wonderful!  It is at a school which is right down the road from where we live, which won't be a problem at all when it comes to driving and fuel expenses!

When schedules fail, don't fret!  That rigorous schedule I had created at the beginning of the week may not have worked out the way I had planned, but God had different plans in place.  Instead of practicing, I had enough time to run all of the errands that are required in getting a background check for Practicum, and had enough time to layout a new and improved schedule for next week :).

To top off the week, I'll be traveling to my parents this weekend to spend some quality time with family and my two best friends back home!

1 comment:

  1. I always didn't like the start of the semester when a schedule wasn't in order. I'm glad your Practicum placement is close to your house! Have a great and safe weekend!

    ReplyDelete