Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Last Week of Break

The last week of Christmas break has finally arrived, and it is the last for my college undergrad years.  Yesterday started off kind of crappy, which is no way for the week to begin.  If you turned on the Weather Channel or radio recently, you've probably heard of the arctic cold that hit the north and north east part of the country.  Kentucky was in the path of that arctic cold, and we were hit with a rain/wintery mix that fell throughout Sunday night.  With temperatures falling near zero and the wind chill below zero, everything froze at a quick pace.

Monday morning came around and I was woken up by Michael, who had both of the front door handles from his car in his hands.  It was literally so cold and icy outside that the door handles completely broke off.  After calling up a dealership, I discovered that it is ridiculously expensive to get these replaced.  Luckily we are penny pinchers and found out later that day that we can open up the doors with a wire coat hanger!  It isn't ideal, but it works and currently saves us some money, haha.

Anyway, with classes starting next week it means that my senior recital is just a few short months away.  The cold didn't hold me back from getting into Fine Arts to practice some, which was much needed.  I'm really looking forward to this semester because it seems less stressful than last; it probably won't be, but it doesn't hurt to hope!

Here's to a great week, and even better semester!

"You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water."

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on this new semester! Let me know when your senior recital is and I'll try to make it down for it!

    ReplyDelete